Whether you are looking to accentuate your petite figure, curvy silhouette, or hourglass shape, you are certain to find a formal dress that matches the particular shape. Before you buy a new dress for an upcoming event, it helps to know your body shape to make sure you have the right fit to leave you feeling glamorous and confident. Here are several tips to help identify the perfect formal dress:
Show off the curves
The hourglass figure, which has a full bust and hips and defined waist, looks great with the dress style that is able to draw attention and define the waistline. The preferred style of dress can include a pencil skirt, structured waist and wide neckline to fully highlight the curves. One style that is great is the wrap dress that is easy to tighten around the waistline using contrasting fabric or a belt, while the material is left to be naturally fuller in the areas of the hips.
The formal dress that helps to create a sense of volume is perfect for those that want to show off curves. It is possible to appear curvy with a dress that has darts or gathers at the waist. This type of dress is useful for its ability to define the lower body. Additionally, a wide boat-neck top is useful for giving wider shoulders and fuller bust line. Other options include the vertical princess seams which help to highlight the curves to give the softer and fuller look.
Compliment the bust line
The preferred dress style for someone with a slim lower half and fuller bust are those that give support and structure to the bodice. The dress should have straps that can easily support and lift the bust line. A great choice that won't overemphasize is the empire waist dress. A style that can give more balance includes the A-line dress that flows at the hips and accentuates the waist. This dress is appreciated for its ability to give balance and proportion to the entire body.
Lengthen the legs
A simple technique to lengthen the legs is to wear the short and dark-colored formal dress. By creating a contrast between the legs and dress fabric it is possible to make it seem like your legs are longer. This type of dress can vary in length from those that rest just above the knee to the short miniskirt. Other options include a high waist and slim gown that gives a similar illusion of having longer legs.
If you don't know what a skater skirt is, they are short, high waisted, light material skirts. They generally have plates on them and the hem line can vary as per your choice. They are easy to wear and suit every body type. You can buy anklets and pair them up with these.
There are various ways to flaunt a skater skirt in every season. Here are a few ways you can do it:
1. Floral Skater Skirts
Floral prints are really in this year no matter what the season. In summers they compliment the weather and in winters they bring a little color to the weather.
So a beautiful floral patterned skater skirt with a white tee and probably a denim jacket, boots and statement necklace are the perfect look. The best part about skater skirts is that you can improvise very easily so don't be scared to do that.
2. Block Colors
Skater skirts are available in every block color possible makes it really easy to match them with your tops and shirts. From black and gray shades to bright pink and red you can get every single one.
You can pair you black or grey one with leggings and heels with a chunky stole for the winters or pair a bright one with a mellow color top and buy anklets to complete the look and make a bit funkier even if you wear heels.
3. Crop Top it
Get the ultimate look by pairing up your patterned crop top with a plain skater tee or a plain crop top with a patterned skirt to get an upbeat, chic look.
Crop tops are the new trend and will work perfectly with high waisted skirts which will not make uncomfortable for showing too much stomach as well.
4. Biker Girl
An all black look will get all eyes on you as you walk through the crowd. A black skater skirt with a black tank top or crop top and a shiny black leather jacket and combat boots will give you the ultimate biker look. The guys will notice you and so will the girls.
5. Make It One
The best part about skater skirts is that they are high waisted, so it is easy to fool people and be smart with it.
If you can't find a dress in the color or pattern that you want, buy a skater skirt and a top which is long enough to tuck inside in your desired pattern and color. Then pair those two up, add a belt to hide the overlap and Voila! You have a beautiful formal dress or even an informal dress which looks amazing and you get the option of wearing the top and the skirt separately as well. So you get three or four different outfits by buying two clothing pieces.
6. Work In It
A plain subtle skirt with leggings or stockings, a jacket and heels can be the perfect office look in winters. If you want to do this in the summer, a collared top with the skirt and heels will get you through the day with grace and beauty, plus when you buy anklets pair them up to add a bit of a funk to it
The key element in all this is to be a true fashionista and be creative. Pair up colors and patterns as you float around in that comfortable skirt. Be it the holiday parties or Christmas celebrations or just a day out with your friends, you can use skater skirts in any and every event.
The day we find out how to make manicures last as long as pedicure will be a reason for celebration, but until that comes, we will take every tip and tricks in the book to make our nail colour last longer. Our hands go through a lot during all the day, and poor manicures do not have stand a chance. The first thing a user should remember that when nails are long, the nail tips are more exposed, and you tend to use them for all you are worth like try to peel off sticks, putting on the main rings and much more and also using them in harm ways. Short nails are shorter than to tip your finger, meaning that your finger but not the polish, will take the brunt of any movement that could develop chips.
Many times women have to do household works such as washing dishes or cleaning the apartment. Without using gloves, this type of home works can fully destroy your manicures. The water and soap can dry out the manicure, even make it less shiny and likely chip. Give yourself a sturdy pair of gloves to save your nails from danger. Smudges and ding at dry time ruin all the hard work you just put into your at home manicure.
A better way to tell if your nails are dry is to make your nails face each other, then slowly touch them together. If you pull them apart, and they feel little tacky, your nails still want time to try. If they don't stick to each other at all, you are ready to go forward. If you are using a top coat without sealing the edges of your nails, that means you are going wrong. The ages of your nails take the brunt of the polish beating, so you have to make it sure that you are protecting it with a good cover of clear polish. On the other side, healthy nails also play a vital part. You have to keep you nails healthy for a long lasting finish. Fix your all nail problems like ridges, peeling, breakage and you will keep your manicure lasting longer for sure. Find out a good ridge filler or nail strengthener based on what you need to fix. After that insert them into your beauty routine to keep your nails in beautiful shape all the time.
We all know that it can be tempting to pack on the polish, but too much thick nail polish can tend to peel off, making the life of your nail manicure incredibly shorter. You should go for thinner strokes, getting just enough polish on the brush that you do not overload your beautiful nails. One most important thing you need to remember that when you are filing each nail. It does not matter which direction, but you have to make it sure that you are filing every nail either to the left or the right, never back and forth, because alternative directions weaken the nails, making it weaker to break and peeling.
You have to keep a safe distance from sanitizer. The alcohol in hand sanitization can dry out your nail polish and your nails also. It also makes them dull and ready to chip. You should go from a mild hand soap and warm water when possible for you. Many times, the nail expert in salon soak our nails in water, It causes the nail to absorb water, expanding their natural; shape. After polishing your nails, the water evaporates and your nails contract, which causes the nail polish to chip and crack.
Nothing looks as sensuous on a woman as a well draped saree. Most people believe that saree suits all body types and looks great on women of all ages. It's true, but only to a certain extent!
The whole truth is that the mid-riff-baring, curve-hugging saree makes for a striking and eye-catching outfit. If draped well, it shows off a woman's curves to perfection. On the other hand, if it is not styled well, it looks quite drab.
For this reason, wearing saree calls for special attention to aspects like skin-care, grooming and fitness. Why? Because, in a saree, many of the, otherwise hidden, body areas are exposed.
These include -
- Neck and Back
- Shoulders, if you wear a shoulder-baring trendy blouse
- Even your face and hands, not to forget your pretty feet, are in focus
- Well, for overall fitness, a tauter mid-riff, flab-free back and toned arms, you need to increase your exercising efforts. Get going with ab-crunches and bicep curls, if you wish to look leaner and meaner in your sarees.
- To reduce the flab around the mid-riff, increase cardio and aerobic work-outs. Also, perform Yogic breathing techniques like Kapal Bhati. Lift light weights to get rid of pesky love handles and muffin tops. Side stretches and leg lifts are great for getting a well-defined waist-line.
- Better fitness levels also translate to better posture. And, you would surely know that a great posture can translate to a majestic saree look.
- Enhanced fitness levels lead to better sugar metabolism and blood circulation. This improves skin texture and clears up break-outs, patchy skin and dark spots. So, trundle on, even if you haven't exercised properly in years!
- Awed by your favourite celebrity's saree style? Well, notice how more than their ensemble, their astute and sharp grooming, styling and make-up differentiates them from the crowd.
- You too can't afford to be slack on these aspects, in this day and age - and certainly not in a saree. Clear skin, clean nails, hair-free arms (and back, if required) and shiny tresses - go a long way in helping you put together a wonderful look.
- Hairy tales - Waxed arms are non-negotiable (unless, your blouse is full-sleeved, you must stick to this fundamental aspect). Sarees are elegant apparels, and hairy arms surely take away a lady's grace. Get your back waxed or bleached professionally too, if you have prominent body hair on back area. Same goes for your décolletage. Visible hair on your stomach and torso should, ideally, be removed too.
- Manicure and Pedicure - Neat, pampered nails, feet and hands can take your overall saree look from mediocre to suave. Paint your nails in a colour complementing your saree.
- Going Back-less? Or Sleeve-less? - Back-less and sleeve-less blouses call for extra grooming on the revealed spots. Fresh, hair-free under-arms and arms are a MUST! Get your back scrubbed and polished too, preferably to score a neat, shining look in a low-back blouse.
Dry, Dull Skin!
- Dry, flaky skin may not instantly be visible to you, but such troublesome spots instantly come under the scanner in a revealing outfit. Thus, don't forget to moisturize your bared areas, when donning a saree.
- Mid-riff, arms, hands, back, neck and décolletage (and your face) must be supple and moisturized well. Don't forget to gently rub in sunscreen too, if stepping out in sun.
- Pesky dry spots - Elbows should be the first on this list! Many women go to lengths to stylize and plan their look, but forget about this little detail. This can completely spoil your efforts and styling. Since you can't see your back yourself, you may end up neglecting it too. Don't!
*Plush Skin Tip - Eat plenty of good-fats, take Vitamin E supplements and ask your doctor to prescribe skin and hair vitamins. Cod Liver oil, Fish Oil and Flax-seed oil may also be consumed as supplements for great skin. [DO NOT FORGET TO GET A CLEARANCE FROM YOUR DOCTOR OR CHECK FOR ALLERGIES, before starting any medicinal herbs, special diets or supplements.] Aloe Vera gel is great for tackling dryness and dullness, and so is Ghee (clarified butter). You may also apply aloe gel on your skin, if you are not allergic to it.
Great Skin Matters...
Many women forget to care for their arms, neck, back and feet as nicely as they do for their face. They may get regular facials, but back polishing or manicures may not feature high on their beauty routines. Well, you can't afford to do that, if you love wearing sarees. Can you? Here are a few other 'musts' for great skin... everywhere -
- Eat a balanced diet, exercise and lead a good lifestyle to get rid of skin issues.
- Always use good quality toiletries and cosmetics.
- Don't forget to clean off make-up (even from neck, back etc.), before ending your day/ night.
- Avoid harsh sunlight. Cover up, when traveling or driving a two-wheeler.
- Pigmentation and dark spots worsen with age and hormonal imbalances. Arrest aging by leading a good lifestyle. Get yourself thoroughly checked, if you suspect a hormonal issue, including diabetes and hypo-thyroid.
- Dark lines and spots on neck, under-arms and back signal under-lying health issues, ranging from bad sugar metabolism to Hemoglobin deficiency. Be careful!
- Tackle insistent dull, dark spots on face, neck, arms, back or hands with expert care, based on a trusted dermatologist's and beautician's advice.
- If you suffer from arms/ back acne, and have deep, left-over spots, consider getting glycolic peels and laser done, but only if your physician and dermatologist suggest.
- Same goes for permanent hair removal. If that's on agenda, don't forget to take a trusted doctor or certified laser practitioner's advice. In such cases, price should be the least of your considerations.
*Plush Skin Tip - Reduce your carbohydrates' intake. Specifically, the consumption of wheat products and sugary/ fried foods should be curbed. See how this clears skin, within a few weeks. Meanwhile, don't forget to substitute with healthy alternatives like eggs, yogurt, gluten-free flours like Ragi and Chick-pea, veggies and fruits.
*Water Tip - Drink a suitable amount of water (as per your composition), through the day to keep your skin hydrated. Don't stick to the generally recommended glasses; your body may demand lesser or far more amount of water, basis its unique composition [and also as per the seasons]. Try drinking about 2-4 glasses of water on empty stomach, each morning. Besides other obvious benefits, this will also help you deal with skin allergies.
There are tons of home remedies for tackling relatively superficial or temporary skin issues, ranging from sun tan to prickly heat to dullness and dryness. Home remedies are also great for cleaning skin, removing stubborn dirt and reinstating skin's lost glow and moisture.
Many women routinely and effectively use home remedies to their advantage. However, they forget to use these on their entire body - generally focusing only on the face. Whatever 'face pack' you use, ensure turning it to a 'body pack' - focusing on exposed areas like back, décolletage, neck, back of ears, shoulders etc.
De-Tan - Apply cucumber juice, mixed with a few drops of lemon juice (if your skin is not too dry) to get rid of tan. Leave for at least 20 minutes. Mix curd with cucumber juice, egg white, chick pea flour and some lemon juice to make a heavy duty de-tan pack. Leave on for 25-30 minutes. Potato juice is great for reducing a bad tan. Aloe vera can tackle a sun burn effectively. If you have sun-burnt, flaky skin, apply slightly warmed (tepid) cow's ghee and leave overnight (Don't do this, if you have open pores, break-outs or acne).
Dark Spots - Potato juice is great for handling dark spots. You can also prepare a sugar scrub to get rid of dark elbows and ankles (or even back and neck). Take 2 teaspoons of sugar, add some honey and some drops of lemon juice. Using the lemon peel (of a cut lemon), apply this sugar mix to your trouble-spots. Rub gently till sugar dissolves completely. Leave on for 15 minutes. Repeat for a few days for best results. Milk, honey, egg white and cucumber juice mixed into a pack are great for dry and normal skins. Used tea-bags, rinsed in clear water and refrigerated for some time should be placed on eyes to tackle under-eye dark circles. Potato juice and cucumber juice too work well to lighten under-eye skin. Grated cucumber may be placed to cool down any irritation in eyes.
*Star Tip - Soak a few almonds, Charoli seeds (Chironji) and a tsp. of masoor dal (pink lentils) in milk overnight. In morning, make a fine paste and apply it to dried out, dark spots. You may add a pinch of turmeric powder too, if you are not going out immediately. Repeat for a few days. Works well on arms and back spots too!
Massage - Regularly massaging your skin is great for restoring moisture and adding a warm glow to your skin. Use mustard oil to massage your arms, legs, mid-riff, neck and your entire body, while bathing. You may also use coconut oil on problem area, or if your skin is too dry. Massage also enhances blood circulation, results of which will be visible on your glowing countenance and arms/ back pretty soon.
Follow the suggestions to flaunt a flawless look in your sarees, and see how the limelight courts you, wherever you go.